Bordeaux

Bordeaux

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

il y a quoi? de la neige? aka WHAT ITS SNOWING?




Today I woke up, and to my surprise when I looked outside I saw nothing but snow! Supposedly it was supposed to snow further north than Bordeaux, but not here. I can tell you I was a little surprised! I had planned on taking the tram then the train to the countryside to see Jeremie's parents and his dogs and bring them back, but I ended up not being able to get to the train station. After a while, I managed to get out there, where it hadn't really snowed, and it was sunny...Getting home proved just as difficult, because the trams STILL weren't running consistantly. I thought it hilarious because in both cases the trams were running the opposite way that I wanted to go. Needless to say I walked around a lot in the snow, now mush. I did however take some pretty photos as you see posted.
Even though it snowed today, this is not a normal occurrence in Bordeaux, just to assure people, though my new coat (Thanks Mom) has proved essential at the moment! :)

xoxo
Sarah

8 comments:

  1. Ha! You call that snow! I call it a dusting; you should see the photos I snapped on my phone when DC got 2 feet in one day.

    But seriously, I love seeing Bordeaux again, even if it is only in pictures...le sigh.

    Post more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah, Love reading your comments. It's 76 degrees in LA today--my idea of winter!
    Post more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is pretty, as are you my wonderful daughter. What amazing timing for you to capture such "winteresque" images so soon after arriving in Bordeaux. It is truly captivating to see Bordeaux as a winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have my camera yesterday when it was all brown mush. I went walking with the dogs and it was hilarious as all three of us slipped every which way on the brown "ice". I felt like I was ice skating, not walking! Thanks for the comments you guys! Love Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a high of 71 today in San Diego (actually Rancho Bernardo).
    Of course it is a high of 8 degrees today in Eau Claire, WI where my sister is.
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous. All we have here is gross fog and mist and mud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been cool in east SD county: high 60s. You know that means winter clothes for us. Glad you have snow and cold weather gear.
    Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's pretty cool you guys got snow. I never thought of Bordeaux as a city that got snow. That's terrible luck that the trams were running in the opposite direction. Waap, waap...

    ReplyDelete