The castle at Nogent-le-Rotrou, which you can see for miles, but to get to is a winding set of little roads through the town that literally surrounds the town. Its impressive how far away you can see if from though. Talk about well situated. Jeremie and walked around it, though part of it is still occupied by people that live there.
The first image you can see the moat that goes around the castle, though there is no water anymore. And then me in the following pictures with my furry friends.



Then for a walk in the countryside with Jeremie's parents and the dogs. The countryside is really really muddy at the moment with flooded paddocks (making it pretty to take pictures with reflections, which I enjoyed), and apparently really amusing for Puja, the younger crazy two year old dog of ours....She apparently saw a bird so she's running after it. She didn't catch any this time though....
On the way back we passed by a local "cathedral", just normal in the middle of a small town. You know, the norm....
I am going to follow with another post directly of our days of horse lessons and hanging out with the neighbor next door.
Much love, Sarah
Lovely pictures. You'll miss the horses when you return to Bordeaux. Keep writing.
ReplyDeleteOma
Got your postcard today, 8 March and Perche looks lovely. I am writing this on Joanie's computer since mine is in the repair shop. I have a virus, too and Joanie is starting to cough. We are getting more rain, but still need more. Hi to Jeremie
ReplyDeleteLove Grandpa and Joanie
Dear Sarah, Sorry I have not been in touch. I got caught up today on your blog. I enjoyed reading your adventures in the countryside. Question for you and Jeremie: title of the novel "Le Grand Meaulnes" - give me some help on proper pronunciation of last word.
ReplyDeleteStay well, Joanne