Bordeaux

Bordeaux

Sunday, December 12, 2010

snow and more wine tasting!


Chateau La Louviere

I think it's starting to become a pattern, the weekend before this past weekend, we went wine tasting in the region of Pessac-Leognan. Jeremie and I visited the Chateau that I worked at for three weeks. The next day I went with some of my friends to visit Chateau Brown, Chateau Lalouviere, Chateau Haut-Bailly and Chateau Lafont-Menaut. Out of the ones we visited I would have to say that the last one we visited was the most memorable, also the only one that was not packed with 60 people all at once. Interestingly enough, it is owned by the same family that owns Chateau Carbonnieux. I really loved visiting Carbonnieux, it's a family run and owned Chateau, the Lafont-Menaut is operated by the son of the owner of Carbonnieux. It is a small Chateau which was opened about 15 years ago, but they make a very good white wine and a rose that for Bordeaux is really really interesting. The only Rose that I have seen Jeremie buy actually...

After that Bordeaux got a little bit of snow, which was interesting on my bus ride to class. I decided to walk a little farther because the bus wasn't making very good time.


A car when it started snowing that morning on my way to the bus.


My path that I take from the bus to my campus.


The Insititut de la Science de la Vigne et du Vin (ISVV), my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment