This was right after I got back from my visit to California, but I forgot to put up this photo of me when I was visiting Lille. Lille is a city (the Detroit of France, kind of, they have a stable population and some of the wealthiest communities in France, with the highest rate of unemployment.) It's as it Detroit bordered on Beverley Hills. It's an interesting city to have visited, but not the first place I would go back too.
The reason I went to Lille, is because the oral exams that Jeremie has the honor of giving (to select the future English teachers of France) is always in Lille for a month in July. He grades their written exams in March, and then they select the top to pass the orals and from there they choose the top to teach English. I was there on the last two days that he was there, to visit and see where he spends a month each summer. Love Sarah
The comparison is more apt than you realize--there are some suburbs of Detroit which are very exclusive and expensive--much like Beverly Hills.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you and David together. Take care and my best to jeremie
I actually did realize that, the wealthiest neighborhood in France is actually a 10 minute drive from where I was, but you dont realize it at all. Much love, Sarah
ReplyDelete